1. Never tested on animals and no petroleum, fillers, mineral oils, parabens, artificial colors or sulfates are used.
2. Hand-crafted in small batches - NOT mass produced in a factory.
3. Packaged in jars and bottles made of 100% recyclable material.
4. Made from polyethylene terephalate (PETE) and do not contain bisphenol A (BPA).
5. Always made from fresh, natural ingredients such a butters, oils, herbs, essential oils and plant-based emulsifiers. Products may contain the items listed below. The International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) scientific name is shown in parentheses. To ensure compliance with the FDA regulations, the INCI name appears on our product labels.
Please conduct a test for allergies or adverse reactions:
- 100% Natural Spring Water (Aqua)
- Argan Oil (argania spinosa kernal oil)
- Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil)
- Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil)
- Clary Sage Essential Oil (Salvia sclarea)
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil)
- Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil)
- Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus)
- Optiphen - Paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol)
- Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus Officinalis)
- Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Oil)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil)
- Unrefined Shea Butter* (Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit
- Vegetable Glycerin (Glycerin)
- Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol)
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Cananga odorata)
- Horsetail (Botanical name: Equisetum arvense L. , Equisetum hyemale L. or arvense L.)
- Nettle (Botanical name: Urtica dioica L.)
- Burdock Root (Botanical name: Arctium lappa L.)
- Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea)
- Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia)
- Lemongrass (Lavandula Angustifolia)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
What are the benefits of the ingredients used in the A4N products?
1.Water (of Course!)- Nature’s ultimate moisturizing property. The most important element in the A4N Specially Formulated, Moisturizing Hair Cream. Water gives your hair life.
2. All Natural African Unrefined Shea Butter * - Rich in Vitamin A, E and F. Helps dry scalp and stimulates hair growth.
3.Castor Oil – Thickens and promotes hair growth. Coats the hair shaft and seals in moisture.
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil –Locks in moisture and lubricates the hair cuticles. Great for dry hair that is relaxed or natural
5. Jojoba Oil - Absorbs quickly and easily into the skin and hair. Has no toxic properties and non-allergenic.
6. Vitamin E Oil – Great for dry hair and scalp. Helps to prevent premature graying of hair and split-ends.
7. Avocado Oil – Stimulates hair growth. Nourishes and restores softness to dry, dehydrated and mature hair
8. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Great for nourishing the hair. Gives hair a healthy shine
9. Lavender Oil – Helps to prevent hair shedding. Great antiseptic qualities
10. Rosemary Oil – Stimulates follicles, slows down premature hair loss, controls dandruff and stimulates blood circulation of the scalp. Gives hair luster, softens split ends, and makes the hair more manageable.
11. Sweet Almond Oil - Rich in vitamins A, B1, B6 and E including Vitamin B complex. Vitamin B6 has been shown to promote hair growth. Also, rich in magnesium, a mineral that is necessary to maintain hair growth.
12. Argan Oil - Rich in Omega 3 and Omega 9. Omega 3 helps to prevent hair loss while Omega 9 repairs damaged hair follicles. Also helps to prevent split ends, reduces frizz, and is great for dry hair. Leaves the hair feeling soft.
13. Vegetable Glycerin - Soothing and lubricating properties. Used to attract and retain moisture. Pulls water from the environment.
14. Tea Tree Oil – Antibacterial and Antifungal agent
15. Clary Sage - Promotes hair growth, strength; manageability and shine.
16. Lemongrass - Combats hair loss, conditions the scalp and helps with oily scalp
17. Ylang Ylang - Promotes hair growth, regulates sebum production. Sebum keeps the skin and hair moisturized.
*The Shea butter is hand-made by the women in the Northern Region of Ghana. By using this Fair Trade Shea butter, we help the women to live with dignity and invest in their families, communities and the environment.
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is the practice of buying products directly from producers in developing nations and developing parts of the United States
- Fair Trade is about helping people to become self-supporting and self-sufficient regardless of race, gender or religion.
- When A4N buys Fair Trade products, we're buying goods bought directly from suppliers - not from sweatshops or big businesses.
All products are tested and used by the A4N Staff and its loyal Brand Ambassadors!